PALLARES PRUNING SHEARS | VINTAGE STRAIGHT | 19CM
Pallares Solsona Pruning Shears with carbon steel blades
Each Pallarès tool-blade is hand-fashioned from high-quality carbon steel. Carbon steel is harder than stainless steel and will hold its edge longer before needing to be sharpened. It does require a bit of care and attention. It is also natural for carbon steel to develop a patina over time.
Carbon steel makes a harder and stronger cutting blade than stainless steel, it is also easier to sharpen. In return for its high performance, carbon steel will need a little bit of love and care, as it will tend to oxidise if not well maintained.
- To avoid rusting, we recommend that carbon steel blades are kept oiled.
- Do not soak in water and never place in the dishwasher.
- To clean your knife, wipe the blade with a damp cloth and dry immediately.
- To reduce the frequency of re-sharpening, we suggest using wooden chopping boards.
- If rust begins forming, use a scouring pad and an acid like vinegar and gently rub it on the affected area.
- After the rust is removed, dry the blade, re-sharpen and oil to prevent future rusting.
If your carbon steel blade is beginning to rust, use a scouring pad and acid, such as vinegar and gently rub it on the affected area. After the rust has been removed, dry the blade, re-sharpen and oil to prevent future rusting.
All Pallarès knives and blades are made by hand in Solsona, Spain. The Pallarès family has been making their beautiful range of knives, scissors and garden tools since 1917.